Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Sunday, May 19, 2013

What Else Can I Say?

Johann Sebastian Bach: The Brandenburg Concertos

When I started this blog in 2009, I had been vegan for a little over a year. I was so excited about how wonderful my body felt and how much it had changed that I wanted to share my experience with others. Also, many people had been asking me questions like, "So what DO you eat?!" and I felt that this blog was a great way to explain.

But now that I've been vegan almost six years (!) I know I will continue this lifestyle for the foreseeable future and I don't think I have much left to say about my experience. What started out as an experiment for my health as I grew older (I'm 45 now) has evolved into even more as I seek out non-animal products as well (clothing, for example).

Farmers' Market in South Haven, Michigan

So I will not be updating this blog much anymore unless the inspiration hits me and I want to share some news or a new recipe that I think others might be interested in.

I will still leave the site up for the recipes and posts so that, even if you stumble across it later, you still have access to it.

I just feel my interest in the subject has become every day for me, and indeed it has as it should. I don't even really think about being vegan; I just am.

 I wish to write about other topics and this space doesn't fit that form. I love history, books, Jane Austen, and reading so I have started a new blog over on tumblr if you'd like to take a peek.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about food, health, and being vegan in future and, as always, I'm very happy to share my experiences.

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed getting better acquainted with you through Chocolate Onion, Maria. Thanks for all these years of sharing and inspiring! I'm glad the old blog will still remain open and that you'll still post there occasionally for the sake of those who stop by. Your audience will grow exponentially on Tumblr! I still hope to see and read you often.

    ReplyDelete